Monday, February 22, 2016

Interview: On Creative Adaptation

In Beth Barany's weekly live #askaWritingCoach chat on BLAB, she interviewed me about adaptation of creative works into different media.
2
It was great to have a chance to sit down and think through how many media The Souls of Her Feet has morphed through in its long development. (As the first in a trilogy!)
1Working with it, I feel I should have gained a master's degree in adaptations: the story was been worked through the structures of a graphic novel, an opera, a musical,a screenplay, a blook (blogged book), and an interactive ebook on its way to being published as a novel.
5
In this interview I talk about the challenges of working cross-platform and the joys of creative exploration, collaboration, and conversation.
3
I gave away a copy of one of Perfectly Revolting and Beth gave away digital copies of her books to listeners who asked questions.  Thank you, Beth! Great time!

Listen to the Interview

No comments: